Pages

About Me and My Blog and Amazon Store

My photo
Langley, BC, Canada
I love to read. I love books. I like to talk about books and recommend them. I read everything including cereal boxes and junk mail! I heard once that if you're not reading at least 3 books at a time you're not reading enough! This blog will keep track of the books I've read and whether or not I liked them. It will be a little bit of everything from Christian fiction to Science fiction and fantasy. Feel free to participate by suggesting books to review and giving your comments. Occasionally I am given free books by Publishers in exchange for a review. I am not told how to review them or compensated in any way for the review.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hominids by Robert Sawyer

My favourite types of science fiction books always involve time travel or alternative universes. In Hominids, a scientific experiment has caused a breach between parallel universes. In one universe, humankind has evolved from the neanderthals. The second universe is our current one. The accident causes a neanderthal to be transported to our world and the adventure begins.

Yes, I know it sounds silly especially if you're not into science fiction (if not you should probably stop reading here, lol). However it turns out to be a good mystery as well as a fascinating anthropological look at scientific thought and how communities develope and there is even a little bit of romance.

Robert Sawyer(he also wrote Flash Forward which I'm just about finished reading) has an active and interesting imagination. I'm ordering the sequel called Humans from the library and look forward to reading it.

2 comments:

  1. I hear an echo of Planet of the Apes. I love the idea of time travel too. Where would you go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good question! The past or the future? I think 200 years either way to start with would be interesting

    ReplyDelete