Pages

About Me and My Blog and Amazon Store

My photo
Langley, BC, Canada
I love to read. I love books. I like to talk about books and recommend them. I read everything including cereal boxes and junk mail! I heard once that if you're not reading at least 3 books at a time you're not reading enough! This blog will keep track of the books I've read and whether or not I liked them. It will be a little bit of everything from Christian fiction to Science fiction and fantasy. Feel free to participate by suggesting books to review and giving your comments. Occasionally I am given free books by Publishers in exchange for a review. I am not told how to review them or compensated in any way for the review.

Friday, February 18, 2011

A space invasion, but not the alien kind!

I've been quiet for a couple of weeks due to a break-in where my computer (among other things) was stolen!! I did notice that during those weeks I got more reading done. I finished Flash Forward which was ok but way too much scientific technical stuff for me so it made the story move more slowly than I like. And I finished a book by Francine Rivers called Her Mother's Hope. It was a good story and an easy read.

Fortunately I had insurance and things are slowly getting replaced. of course the computer was the first thing to be replaced. Even though my space was invaded I'm grateful that the only damage was to the door and there was no other vandalism. I'm also grateful that I wasn't home at the time. I'm still not feeling quite safe there yet but I will eventually get a new a stronger lock (I eliminated the ideas of an alarm and a dog!)

I'm starting on Humans the sequel to Hominids and I'm reading Three Cups of Tea so there will eventually be some more reviews coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment