Pages

About Me and My Blog and Amazon Store

My photo
Langley, BC, Canada
I love to read. I love books. I like to talk about books and recommend them. I read everything including cereal boxes and junk mail! I heard once that if you're not reading at least 3 books at a time you're not reading enough! This blog will keep track of the books I've read and whether or not I liked them. It will be a little bit of everything from Christian fiction to Science fiction and fantasy. Feel free to participate by suggesting books to review and giving your comments. Occasionally I am given free books by Publishers in exchange for a review. I am not told how to review them or compensated in any way for the review.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Snow Angel by Glenn Beck

The Snow Angel is a heart-warming story punctuated by heart wrenching scenes of family violence, unhappy children and forgotten seniors. Glenn Beck touches all the emotions in this story of a family that’s lost its way.

It’s told from the perspective of the father and the daughter. The story begins on Christmas Eve and ends on the same day. In between the tale is told of a family that struggled with alcoholism, abuse and how that pattern continued through the daughter’s marriage. It’s also a tale of friendship, love and the importance of community. It’s a story of hope and ultimately forgiveness.

This is well-written with endearing characters. I can enthusiastically recommend this book for your Christmas reading or gift giving.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the movie. Who is the co-author?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, I should have mentioned her, her name is Nicole Baart. (for some reason I can't post a comment with my name so I'm also anonymous) - shari

    ReplyDelete