Pages

About Me and My Blog and Amazon Store

My photo
Langley, BC, Canada
I love to read. I love books. I like to talk about books and recommend them. I read everything including cereal boxes and junk mail! I heard once that if you're not reading at least 3 books at a time you're not reading enough! This blog will keep track of the books I've read and whether or not I liked them. It will be a little bit of everything from Christian fiction to Science fiction and fantasy. Feel free to participate by suggesting books to review and giving your comments. Occasionally I am given free books by Publishers in exchange for a review. I am not told how to review them or compensated in any way for the review.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reading Challenge for 2012

February 7, 2012 is the 200th birthday of Charles Dickens. In celebration and as a challenge to myself I've decided to read and review all his major works in publication order. Since English was my major in University I have already read a number of his books. But I thought it would be fun to start at the beginning. Along the way I will insert some of his life and times as it relates to the book I'm currently reading and reviewing.

Here's the list

The Pickwick Papers - 1836
Oliver Twist - 1837
Nicholas Nickleby - 1838
The Old Curiosity Shop - 1840
Barnaby Rudge - 1841
Martin Chuzzlewit - 1843
Dombey and Son - 1846
David Copperfield - 1849
Bleak House - 1852
Hard Times - 1854
Little Dorrit - 1855
A Tale of Two Cities - 1859
Great Expectations - 1860
Our Mutual Friend - 1864
The Mystery of Edwin Drood - 1870

He also wrote some short stories and 5 Christmas stories, including a Christmas Carol. I'll reserve the right to leave these out of the list for now and decide later if I'm going to include them.

I'm looking for a good biography of Charles Dickens that I can use as a reference so I'll include a review of that as well. Should any of you readers of my blog (I know you're there even though you are very quiet) would like to join me in this reading adventure I'd be happy to have you come along. First up, The Pickwick Papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment