Pages

About Me and My Blog and Amazon Store

My photo
Langley, BC, Canada
I love to read. I love books. I like to talk about books and recommend them. I read everything including cereal boxes and junk mail! I heard once that if you're not reading at least 3 books at a time you're not reading enough! This blog will keep track of the books I've read and whether or not I liked them. It will be a little bit of everything from Christian fiction to Science fiction and fantasy. Feel free to participate by suggesting books to review and giving your comments. Occasionally I am given free books by Publishers in exchange for a review. I am not told how to review them or compensated in any way for the review.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Reading Slump

I've been in a bit of a reading slump this past month. I’m bored with the books I’m reading. My favourite authors all have new books coming out in the next month but there’s nothing I’m really interested in reading right now; which is too bad because we’ve hit the season of reruns on TV and Christmas movies. I’m not a big fan of Christmas movies so I’ve actually got the time to read. As I’ve been writing this the thought occurred to me that I should maybe try re-reading some of the books I’ve enjoyed. I tend not to do that but I think the cure for any slump is to just keep on doing it until the enjoyment comes back. This works for exercise so maybe it would work for hobbies as well. Or maybe I could start my 2012 reading challenge early.

So how do you overcome slumps in your life? Are you reading anything right now that you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment